Like most people, I stumbled across the ‘level 10 life’ courtesy of Boho Berry.
For those who are unaware, the Level 10 Life is based off of the novel ‘The Miracle Morning’ by Hal Elrod. Essentially, you divide your life into 10 areas, rate how you feel about each area on a scale of 1-10, and then make goals to get each area to level 10.
The 10 areas are predefined by Hal as being: Family & Friends, Personal Development & Growth, Spirituality, Finance, Career & Business, Marriage, Fun & Recreation, Giving & Contribution, Physical Environment, and Health & Fitness.
For the most part, I didn’t modify these. However, I changed ‘Marriage’ to ‘Romantic Relationship’ and used ‘Physical Environment & Self‘ and ‘Spirituality & Self Care‘.
While Level 10 Life goals often refer to the future, I specifically opted to create a list of 10 goals for each of the 10 sections, for the year 2017. That’s right, 100 goals for the year!
My goals are as follows:
Family & Friends
– Visit family at least once (My family lives in a different state)
– Head to Sydney in April for a friends wedding
– Drinks at ours (We’ve been meaning to have some people over for drinks since we moved in last year!)
– Skype my pop at least once per fortnight
– Skype my mom at least once per fortnight
– Message dad at least once per fortnight
– Catch up with Liz (A friend I made on the Bumble App!)
– Have more contact with my siblings (All 8 of them).
– Catch up with Isi (another friend I made on the Bumble App)
– Buy something to memoralise my nan
Personal Development & Growth
– Create a motivation playlist
– Read ‘Daring Greatly’
– Begin learning a new language
– Read ‘You can’t Afford the Luxury of a Negative Thought’
– Read ‘Worry Free Living’
– Read ‘The Art of Thinking Clearly’
– Read ‘The Power of Doing Less’
– Learn Geography! (Countries/States)
Spirituality & Self Care
– Wellness Tracker
– Create a self-care list
– Accomplishments list
– Gratitude list
– Replace ‘should’s’, ‘have to’s’, and ‘musts’
– Keep a prayer journal
– Minimise time spent on Facebook/Instagram
– Try SAVERS
– Monitor/Track Schema’s and work towards overcoming them
– Habit Tracker
– Follow budget
– $700 for a friends wedding in April
– 50% of fortnightly income covers bills etc.
– Challenge Centrelink debt
– Decrease amount spent on phone
– Find a bulk billing doctor
– Complete tax return on time, including claiming work uniform
– Save, but don’t be afraid to treat yo’ self (AKA don’t be so strict that you’re not enjoying what you earn).
– Save 5k this year.
– Invest more into Acorns
Career & Business
– One semester of study (honours/masters)
– Advocate change at work
– Become fluent in the menu, including prices
– Set work hours/availability
– Try to work weekends when possible
– Stick it out as best you can but;
– Find a new job if you need to
– Finish Kounta
– Learn to make coffees
– Learn close
– Don’t go to bed angry
– Tell my partner when things start going wrong
– Out to eat once/month
– Weekend away
– Find and organise pictures of us
– Avoid jumping to conclusions
– Spend Easter, Christmas, and New Years together!
– Don’t pick fights; talk!
– Swallow pride and apologise
– Watch Suits together
Fun & Recreation
– Reread Harry Potter
– Place a bet at the casino
– Go to an AFL game
– Go ten pin bowling
– Start a blog
– Learn some card tricks
– Make own stickers
– Blog post 1/week
– Use/decorate my notebook/planner
– Play Cards Against Humanity
Giving & Contribution
– Give blood
– Give clothes to a woman’s shelter
– Donate to an animal rescue
– Support a Kickstarter
– Fund a Kiva loan
– Send flowers for Mothers Day
– Sign up to be an organ donor
– Keep complimenting strangers
– Support moms school charity
– Send out Christmas Cards
Physical Environment & Self
– 5 minute cleans
– Mini Makeovers
– Clean/organise desk & file > maintain!
– Capsule wardrobe
– Laser hair removal
– Display degree
– Maintain a clean environment
– Strive to keep work dining area up to scratch at all times
– Minimise unnecessary objects and clutter
Health & Fitness
– Get to 48kgs
– 1800 calories/day
– Drink water (1200ml/day)
– Get to 50kgs
– Do my squats
– Track my macros
– Get to 55kgs
– Minimum 90% vegan
– Get skin spots checked
I didn’t really rate each area on a scale of 1-10. Most of them would be pretty low, except Romantic Relationship which would probably be the only one over 5! So hopefully I can use these goals as a way to boost each level to at least a 7 by the end of the year.
Stay tuned for my Level 10 Life/10 Year Plan.