Today I’d like to share with you my list of money saving tips. I’m not currently earning very much money, and will be going back to study soon, so I’ve been thinking (stressing) about finances. So here is a list of things I’m going to do over the next few months to try and save money!
- Shorter showers!
- I love my showers, but I honestly need to stop showering for so long. Our water bill isn’t too high, but I’d like to get it lower.
- Meal plan
- We currently budget $150 a week for food, but I’d like to bring this down as well. Planning my food for the week will help me know what exactly to buy.
- Additionally, make meals and freeze them.
- Bake more
- I bought a donut yesterday for $6! It was vegan, so it was worth it. But I feel that if I get back into baking, I can create my own goodies for the week for less than what I spend on biscuits, chocolate’s, and treats.
- Turn things off
- I don’t know how much electricity keeping my laptop on non-stop uses, but it can’t hurt to turn it off. Same goes for lights – if I don’t need them on, they’re being turned off. Additionally, we keep our toaster and kettle turned off at the switch unless it’s in use.
- Don’t buy takeaway
- I’m the laziest person when it comes to food – so I often use uberEats. This is an unnecessary expense that I’d like to remove.
- On a related note, use the code ‘eats-gabbyp954ue’ for $10 off your uberEats order!
- No spend February!
- This will be hard. But it’s the shortest month of the year, so it’s probably the best month to attempt it in.
- I will still be spending money on rent, groceries, and bills.
- Get back into taking surveys.
- I use the site ‘Opinion World‘ to complete surveys for rewards. It doesn’t provide a huge amount of money, but, honestly, every bit counts at this point.
- Go minimal on the makeup
- I’m sure some primer and a small amount of foundation will suffice. I have a few contour/highlight kits, blushes, and lipsticks, all of which I can use to spice things up a bit – but mainly, I want to use less foundation to stretch it out a bit.
- Try to sell some of my clothes
- I plan to give a lot to woman’s shelters. But I’d also like to make a little bit of money if I can.
- Sell my car
- We are currently trying to do this now. I won’t get very much for it, but, as I’ve said before, every bit counts.
If you have any suggestions, please leave a comment! Even the smallest amount of savings help.
Until next time,